Hello! Welcome to the practice of Dr. Charlie Seltzer. To prepare for your appointment, we recommend you download the “My Fitness Pal” app and create an account. You will find instructions below:
1. Download the “My Fitness Pal” app on your phone. The icon looks like this:
You DO NOT need the “Premium” version, just download the Free version.
2. Open the app and select “Sign Up.” You can choose to sign up for a My Fitness Pal account using Facebook or by using an email address.
3. My Fitness Pal will ask you a series of questions about your goals, height,
weight, age, activity level, etc. Answer the questions to the best of your ability,
but we will go back and readdress everything during the appointment, so what
you put down now will not permanently affect your plan.
4. Once you have completed your answers, My Fitness Pal will prompt you to
create a username and password.
5. Finally, My Fitness Pal will ask if you would like to link your account to a step tracker. Say NO.
That’s it! Don’t worry about tracking your food yet—we will discuss that when you come in.
If you have any questions about setting up the app, please don’t hesitate to call or email us.
We’re looking forward to seeing you soon!