Hello! Welcome to the practice of Dr. Charlie Seltzer M.D.: Weight Loss, Lifestyle & Fitness Solutions. To prepare for your appointment, we recommend you download the “MyFitnessPal” app and create an account. You will find instructions below:
1. Download the “MyFitnessPal” app on your mobile device. The icon looks like this:
You DO NOT need the “Premium” version, we prefer patients use the Free version.
2. Open the app and select “Sign Up.” You can choose to
sign up for a MyFitnessPal account using Facebook or by using an email
3. MyFitnessPal will ask you a series of questions about your
weight loss goals, height, current weight, age, activity level,
etc. Answer the questions to
the best of your ability, but
we will go back and readdress everything during the appointment, so what you
put down now will not permanently affect your plan.
4. Once you have completed your answers, My Fitness Pal will prompt
you to create a username and password. Please save this information so we can
access your account during your appointment.
5. Finally, MyFitnessPal will ask if you would like to link your account to a step tracker. Say NO.
That’s it! Don’t worry about tracking your food yet—we will discuss this when you see Dr. Seltzer at your medical evaluation.
If you have any questions about setting up the app, please don’t hesitate to call us at 215-279-8376 or e-mail Emily Northington at email@example.com
We’re looking forward to seeing you soon!